- About a 4.14-km. eastern extension of LRT 2
from Santolan Station to Masinag junction in Antipolo City with two (2)
stations (Imelda Avenue and Masinag junction) and about 1.62km west
extension along C.M. Recto Ave. until Delpan Street passing in front of
Tutuban up to the Divisoria Area.
- No Right of Way acquisition needed for the east extension.
- Estimated Project Cost - P13,898 B (without rolling
- The Line 2 East Extension Project was approved by the
NEDA Technical Board in 2002 subject to DOF Clearance on financing mix.
- FS updated in 2006 and further updated in 2009 with a
recommendation for inclusion of a 1.6-km. western extension from Recto to
- With instruction from NEDA Board in 2009 to implement the
project on a PPP scheme, if feasible.
- In the 2nd Quarter of 2009, Marubeni Corporation,
together with Katahira and Engineers International, Tonichi Engineering
Consultants, Inc. and Oriental Consultants Co., Ltd., through a grant of
Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry of Japan, updated the Feasbility
Study covering the east and west extension of the existing Line 2 and such
study was completed in February 2010.
- The updated FS of Marubeni was submitted to LRTA in June
- Other financing options such as ODA and domestic
financing through a syndicated loan from the DBP and LBP are being explored
(Line 1 North Extension Project experience will show that cost will be
reduced if undertaken through domestic financing).
- In July 2010, a JICA-Tokyo Mission met with LRTA for
initial discussion on the preparation of a full blown Feasibility Study to
be conducted by JICA on a grant basis including environmental and social
impact of the project.
- The signing of the Minutes of Discussion on the
Preparatory Study for the proposed LRT Line 2 Extension Project was deferred
pending the reconfirmation of this project as a priority investment by the
Status as of September 30, 2010:
- The Minutes of Discussion on the Preparatory Study for
the LRT Line 2 Extension Project was already signed by JICA-Tokyo
representative, LRTA and DOTC. It includes the Draft Scope of the
Preparatory Study for a full blown Feasibility Study to be conducted by JICA
on a grant basis.